Updates: July, 2020
The site is now out of maintenance mode and accepting members! While the role-playing is primarily focused on the setting of Lycosia, other sub-forums have been created and are available to explore. If you have an idea for an additional sub-forum or are looking for a new, free home for your role-playing setting/group/discussion then look no further! MT can provide free sub-forum hosting with the potential for future site/sub-domain hosting. If you’re interested reach out via email to email@example.com and let me know.
The enormous effort of rebuilding this storied entity will require lots of help. As such, I am desperately searching for people interested in becoming a “community guide”.
This role is sort of a mix of moderator, mentor, and storyteller. Some of the tasks that could potentially fall under the purview of this role:
- Moderate forum content (move/edit/delete posts).
- Provide assistance to members (greetings, suggestions, answers).
- Develop new content (In Character development, forum areas, WikiContent, rules).
- Engage in dialogue regarding the direction of The Mystic Tavern.
- Encourage growth by serving as an ambassador for The Mystic Tavern to other communities.
Although there are no set attributes or requirements for an applicant being familiar with role-playing (forum/chat/email) is helpful. A basic technical aptitude is also helpful since this forum and wiki (forthcoming) can require you to tackle tasks specific to those platforms. If you are interested reach out in the comments of this post or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know. Community guides are receive a cool forum badge and their own @themystictavern.com email address!